Apparently it’s been a while since I’ve taken the time to write! Not since September? Really? OK then, here’s what happened.
* Miles turned the big 04. Man, is he getting big!
* I started working at a fantastic little bakery called The Dessert Plate on Saturday mornings.
* We finally got help with our mortgage and are now (thanks to our president) able to stay in our house!!
* We survived Hurricane Sandy. All we lost was some food in the fridge. We were extremely fortunate in so many ways. So many are still without power, homes and basic necessities. *Please, donate whatever you can to the Hurricane Sandy relief drives in your towns. It’s getting colder every day. Thanks you.*
* Halloween was cancelled in our town due to the storm and so we had our own little Halloween party including room to room trick-or-treating at my sister in-law’s house.
* Our CSA is winding down, but we are thrilled with all the squash, potatoes, apples and onion we are still getting.
* President Barak Obama was re-elected a few days ago. My family could not be happier about the elections. Well, that’s not true. I am extremely disappointed that Prop. 37 was not voted into effect. We continue to go without GMO labeling in California, and therefore, the rest of the country.
* Thanksgiving is right around the corner! We are planning our own Thanksgiving dinner at home this year instead of driving to my parents. We’ll make the drive at Christmas instead.
That’s all I can muster at the moment. I hope that my readers are well and happy.
- Postponed Trick-Or-Treating Doesn’t Dampen Halloween For Some Kids (pittsburgh.cbslocal.com)